Islamic Fatimid Coins Catalog Book by Dr. Mayssa Mahmoud Daoud "Archeological and Artistic Study of the Fatimid Numismatic Set at the Museum of Islamic Art in Cairo."
Description: Islamic Fatimid Coins Catalog Book by Dr. Mayssa Mahmoud Daoud titled "Archeological and Artistic Study of the Fatimid Numismatic Set at the Museum of Islamic Art in Cairo." This is a BRAND NEW COPY of the paperback book. It is written in Arabic and was published by Dar Al Fikr Al Arabi in Cairo, Egypt. It has 545 pages and 48 plates, of glossy paper, with black and white photos of the Fatimid coins in the collection. This is an out-of-print book and is an indispensible reference for the serious collector of Fatimid coins.
Contents: The book presents a comprehensive study of the Fatimid coins found in the Museum of Islamic Art in Cairo and has the following chapters:
- Fatimid Coins Minted in Moroco
- Fatimid Coins of the Powerful Khalifs
- A Study of Fatimid Coins During the Times of Weak Khalifs (the times of the great Waziers
- Crusader Imitation of Fatimid Dinars in Syria
- An Analytical and Technical Study of Manufacturing and Decorating Methods
- Types and Forms of Coins of the Khalifs of the Fatimid State
- Finally the book presents a catalog listing all the Fatimid coins found in the collection of the Museum of Islamic Art in Cairo. The listing is ordered based on the times of rule of the Khalifs as well as the dates and mint.
Condition: This is not a used book but is a NEW BOOK. It is in excellent condition and has never been opened. The soft cover does have some scuff marks and minor soiling but nothing to be concerned with. All pages are clean and the book is free of markings, tears, dog ears or damage.
We Also Recommend
1255 AH Year 15 Cairo Egypt Gold Coin Rose and Toughra Design 100 Qirsh Sultan Abdul Majid AU+
774 AD Abbasid Gold Dinar Islamic Coin Caliph Al-Mansur Unknown Mint Good Extremely Fine or Better
Abbasid Silver Dirham Uncertain Mint Al-Muhammadiya or Al-Basra Al-Mansur Dirham 158 AH / 775 AD Good Fine to Very Fine
Afghanistan Gold Coin Ghaznavid Dinar 420 AH / 1029 AD Abu'l Qasim ibn Sebuktekin Mahmud